For Case Management Services, Reach Aftercare can create a custom program for you that incorporates the traditional services aftercare provides
- Continuing Care Plan
- Therapeutic Referrals
- Daily/Weekly Check In’s
- Drug Testing/Monitoring
- Soberlink Facial Recognition Breathalyzer
- Crisis Management
- Family Support Services
Case Management can be much more effective when a client centered, proactive approach is taken. This model of Case Management is based on William White’s Model of “Assertive Continuing Care” rather than a more traditional aftercare model. The majority of people completing addiction treatment resume using in the year following treatment and 80% do so within 90 days of discharge, so we need a new paradigm of aftercare to break the cycle!
White challenges us to:
- Replace “Aftercare as an Afterthought” with Sustained and Assertive Continuing Care
- Abandon use of the term “Aftercare”; ongoing recovery management is the essence of treatment, not an optional adjunct
- Abandon “discharge planning” and provide sustained continuing care as an expected component of treatment for individuals with high problem severity & complexity.
- Design and implement systems of assertive continuing care